Brides spend a significant amount of time planning every detail of their wedding. But how many of them think about the details of their departure? I always wished that I would have left my own wedding and reception with a “BANG” but, instead, we left in a hurry with no excitement at all. So what about leaving your big event like this…notice the incredibly cute ribbon wands that the guests are holding!
Photo By AK Studio & Design
This is such an easy little project that can be created for little cost and just a little bit of time. There are only 3 items that you will need to buy in order to make your ribbon wands; wooden dowels, eye screws and ribbon! The only extra item that you will need is a pair of scissors.
The above collage of pictures will show you the simple steps you will need to take to create your ribbon wand. Starting at the top left corner:
1. The items you will need are all pictured here. I chose to put three different colors of ribbon on the wand and also bought a 12″ dowel.
2. Because the wooden dowels are usually a softer wood, it is easy to screw the eye screws in with your hands. Just center the screw in the top of the dowel and twist…easy enough, right?
3. Cut pieces of your ribbon in the lengths that you would like. I chose to cut 18″ strips of ribbon.
4. Thread your strips of ribbon through the eye of the screw and tie a simple knot. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just make sure it’s tied tightly.
5. Believe it or not…you’re done! Finding a simple, cute way to display these for your guests to take at your reception is easy.
I will be using these at an upcoming wedding. They will be displayed in a vase with a framed poem next to them. The poem reads:
We are beginning our journey through life
Finally together as husband and wife
As we take our first steps as Mr. & Mrs.
Please wave this wand and send us good wishes
Enjoy making your ribbon wands! Find a good movie, sit down with your friends and you’ll have them all done in the blink of an eye!